Larry Steckling 10 p.m., Nov. 26
San Marcos 7-Eleven store reportedly robbed
Clerk said a man wearing a blue bandana told him, "This is a stickup."
The store clerk reported he was grabbed from behind by a man who said, “This is a stickup, give me the money in the register.”
The clerk at the 7-Eleven store said the robber “put an object” to the back of his neck while he made his demand, and then the robber took $124.24 from the cash register.
The alleged robbery occurred just before 2 a.m. today, Thursday, January 3, 2013, according to Sergeant Henry Lebitski, with the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies responded to an alarm at 578 East Mission Road in San Marcos.
Sgt. Lebitski reported that the robber left the store on foot, and was seen going east on Mission Road towards Mulberry Road.
The robber is described as an adult, either a white or a light-skinned Hispanic man, in his early twenties, 6 feet tall and 175 pounds. He was said to be wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black jeans and had a light blue bandana covering the lower portion of his face.
More like this:
- Escondido police suspect cousins in robberies — Jan. 8, 2014
- Plea deal for experienced robber — Nov. 25, 2012
- Experienced robber accused of leaving wallet at scene — Sept. 26, 2012
- Alleged Oceanside Robbers Have a Day in Court — Oct. 26, 2011
- Smokey Bandits — Jan. 10, 2002