Jay Allen Sanford 6:52 a.m., Dec. 5
An investigation into a burglary ring by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the San Diego Sheriff’s Department bore fruit yesterday, as law enforcement officers raided a property on Huffstatler Road in the rural North County community of Rainbow on February 26, seizing stolen property, cash, drugs, and a cache of guns.
Last December, authorities began investigating a string of crimes including mail theft along with commercial and residential burglaries in San Diego and Riverside Counties. Fourteen cases were tied to the group, and investigators tied two of the burglary ring’s main suspects to the Huffstatler residence, obtaining a search warrant.
Twenty-six year old Erik Watte and 22 year old Henry Zermeno were booked into Vista Jail on possession of stolen property, burglary, and narcotics charges. A third suspect, an unidentified 17 year old juvenile from Fallbrook, was also arrested and sent to Juvenile Hall on auto theft, conspiracy, and residential burglary charges.
More like this:
- Larcenists' loot displayed in Valley Center — Nov. 11, 2013
- Escondido trio tied to string of Fallbrook car burglaries — Oct. 10, 2013
- Sheriffs in Ramona visit the "Chicken Ranch" — Feb. 7, 2013
- Prolific burglar caught in Del Mar — Oct. 24, 2012
- Car looters crash in Rancho Santa Fe — Oct. 12, 2012