Matt Potter 4:30 p.m., Dec. 6
SDG&E parent Sempra Energy raises dividend
An order from the California Public Utilities Commission that San Diego Gas & Electric justify charges to its ratepayers of $115-$140 per year for operations at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, now closed for nearly 13 months, doesn’t appear to be affecting the company’s profit outlook.
On Friday, February 22, the company’s parent Sempra Energy announced that its board of directors had approved a five percent bump in dividends to its shareholders, increasing the annual payout from $2.40 to $2.52 per share of common stock.
Shareholders as of March 28 will see their share of revenue increase beginning with the company’s April 15 dividend payments.
More like this:
- Local firms Sempra, Bridgepoint post earnings results — Aug. 7, 2013
- Sempra Energy reports 3rd quarter earnings — Nov. 8, 2012
- SDG&E Settles With City, Announces Shareholder Payout — June 14, 2012
- Sempra Still Says It's "Probable" It Will Jab Customers — Feb. 28, 2012
- SDG&E Reports Customers Receiving Bill Assistance Doubles — Feb. 16, 2012