Don Bauder 9:30 p.m., July 25
Metropolitan Transit System offering laptops as prizes in essay contest
The San Diego Metropolitan Transit System is turning to college-bound high school seniors for help in scouting out ideas to increase transit ridership.
From now through Friday, April 12, the organization is accepting 1,000 word essay entries for its 11th annual Metropolitan Transit System & Coca-Cola Laptop Scholarship. They’re seeking “creative tools and methods MTS can use to inspire the community” to make greater use of the transit system.
The top 40 essays, as selected by MTS, will win a laptop from the scholarship fund. Early entries (those received by March 15) are also entered into a raffle for iPads and monthly transit passes. The entry form and more information is available here.
More like this:
- MTS, SANDAG announce plans for long-distance bus lines, Regional Transportation Plan critics not impressed — April 19, 2013
- MTS to give soda and snacks to Padres fans — April 4, 2013
- MTS Rolls Out New Low-Floor Trolleys — Sept. 29, 2011
- Juvenile Fined Big for Trolley Graffiti — Sept. 23, 2011
- Vintage Trolleys Populate New Silver Line — Aug. 18, 2011