Ibn Tufail 10 p.m., July 1
One SDGE expense account: $71,158 in 2011
SDGE chief exec raked in $2.93 million in compensation; Sempra chairman $11.8 million
San Diego Gas & Electric executives were reimbursed for some fat expenses in 2011, according to the GO-77M report filed with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). One manager had an expense account of $71,158. A vice president had expenses of $57,534 and another vice president $52,742. A director managed to spend $51,149 for which he or she was reimbursed. (The report does not have names of most of those receiving the payouts.)
Seven SDGE executives brought in more than $1 million in compensation in 2011. The chief executive of SDGE took in $2.93 million; the lowest (seventh ranked) got $1.27 million. The chairman of parent company Sempra raked in $11.8 million in 2011 and the chief executive $8.4 million. SDGE and Sempra attorneys were paid a total of $5.2 million, averaging $307,000 each.
And you wonder why SDGE has rates that are among the highest in the nation? SDGE customers pay for all this high living.
More like this:
- Recipients of half of Sempra non-profit cash unidentified in disclosure — June 6, 2013
- Did you charge more than $100,000 on your expense account? — Feb. 6, 2013
- San Diego Gas & Electric: Fat Profits, Fat Pay — April 4, 2012
- Top Qualcomm Executives Give Big to Nathan Fletcher — Feb. 7, 2012
- San Diego's Highest Paid Executives — Dec. 27, 2007