Ian Anderson 5 p.m., Dec. 8
Habitat restoration to close popular Oceanside bike/jogging trail
The Army Corps of Engineers has announced a series of closures that will affect users of the San Luis Rey River Trail in Oceanside over the coming months. The closures will impact areas from Benet Road South to Interstate 5, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Army Corps says it will be conducting habitat restoration activities in the adjacent flood channel. During closures, cyclists and pedestrians will be directed to an alternate route along SR 76 via signage to be installed shortly.
Closures will affect the route every other week, beginning September 9-13 and concluding with the final week of work December 2-6.
More like this:
- Oceanside sand replenishment operation delayed — July 11, 2016
- Zigzag, climb, and loop for miles in Crestridge eco reserve — April 6, 2016
- Cowles Mountain at Mission Trails park — loved too much — April 5, 2013
- Rising from the Trenches Part 2: San Diego's Urban Corps Receives Two National Awards — Feb. 20, 2012
- New Pipes — July 30, 2010