Mercy Baron 9:30 p.m., July 29
Habitat restoration to close popular Oceanside bike/jogging trail
The Army Corps of Engineers has announced a series of closures that will affect users of the San Luis Rey River Trail in Oceanside over the coming months. The closures will impact areas from Benet Road South to Interstate 5, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Army Corps says it will be conducting habitat restoration activities in the adjacent flood channel. During closures, cyclists and pedestrians will be directed to an alternate route along SR 76 via signage to be installed shortly.
Closures will affect the route every other week, beginning September 9-13 and concluding with the final week of work December 2-6.
More like this:
- Major concrete pour planned 7th and J, downtown — March 21, 2014
- Coastal Commission tours I-5 North County corridor — Jan. 10, 2014
- Talking, but not drinking, beer at the Oceanside Library — July 26, 2013
- Weekend road closures to affect Escondido — May 10, 2013
- Land Purchase Expands Lakeside River Park — June 23, 2011