Justin Powell 1 p.m., Dec. 13
Gael Garcia Bernal to star in immigration film shot in Baja California
Movie to depict immigrants and American citizen taking border patrolling into own hands
Gael Garcia Bernal, a widely popular Mexican actor and film director, is set to star in a film that will be shot in Baja California, beginning in October. The film, Desierto, is a Spanish language film which will depict Mexican immigrants facing an American who has taken patrolling the border into his own hands.
Desierto will be directed by up-and-coming filmmaker Jonás Cuarón. Jonás is the son of Alfonso Cuarón, a veteran Mexican filmmaker.
Exact locations of the filming in Baja have not been made public yet.
More like this:
- Immigrants increasingly abandoned at sea by Baja California smugglers — April 29, 2013
- Tourism up in Baja California — Dec. 21, 2012
- Inaugural Baja International Film Festival to take place this month — Nov. 6, 2012
- Large numbers of migrants saved from Baja heat — Sept. 18, 2012
- Drug Trafficker Sentenced to Over 13 Years in Baja Prison — July 19, 2012