Robert Bush noon, Oct. 23
Gael Garcia Bernal to star in immigration film shot in Baja California
Movie to depict immigrants and American citizen taking border patrolling into own hands
Gael Garcia Bernal, a widely popular Mexican actor and film director, is set to star in a film that will be shot in Baja California, beginning in October. The film, Desierto, is a Spanish language film which will depict Mexican immigrants facing an American who has taken patrolling the border into his own hands.
Desierto will be directed by up-and-coming filmmaker Jonás Cuarón. Jonás is the son of Alfonso Cuarón, a veteran Mexican filmmaker.
Exact locations of the filming in Baja have not been made public yet.
More like this:
- Que Viva! Cine Latino Returns to Otay Ranch — Aug. 26, 2013
- Inaugural Baja International Film Festival to take place this month — Nov. 6, 2012
- Wrap Tefillin and Tortillas at Jews in Mexican Cinema Showcase — April 24, 2012
- The Wild Wild East — March 24, 2010
- Border Angels — Dec. 7, 2006