7 a.m., Oct. 22
San Diego home values continued spurting in June
Nationally, rate of acceleration moderating, says S&P
In June, San Diego County home values continued outpacing gains in other metro areas, according to Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller data released this morning (Aug. 27). From May to June, local home values rose 2.8%, topping the collective 2.2% of the top 20 metro areas.
Year-over-year, San Diego values rose 19.3%, topping the 12.1% gain for the top 20 metro areas. San Diego values are still down 26.2% from their late 2005 peak.
Nationally, the pace of price increases is moderating, according to S&P economist David M. Blitzer.
More like this:
- County home values continue soaring — May 28, 2013
- SD home values rise in line with nation's large metro areas — Oct. 30, 2012
- SD Home Values Rise in July — Sept. 25, 2012
- San Diego Home Values Beat the Field in November. But... — Jan. 25, 2011
- Home Prices: SD, SF, LA Gains Impressive -- but... — Aug. 31, 2010