Daniel Powell 11 a.m., Oct. 23
Border agents make big seizure at Otay Mesa
Meth, cocaine, and heroin found inside vehicles gas tank
According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials, agents at the Otay Mesa port of entry seized over 52 pounds of hard narcotics from a vehicle on Monday, August 25. Officers noticed discrepancies with the vehicles gas tank, which led to the seizure around 12:30pm.
Officers discovered 33 pounds of methamphetamine, 11 pounds of cocaine, six pounds of brown heroin, and 2.5 pounds of white heroin after opening up the gas tank of the 1995 Ford F-150. A 53 year old Mexican citizen, who was driving the vehicle, was arrested.
Days before, agents seized 24 pounds of cocaine and methamphetamine at the downtown Calexico port of entry. A 49 year old female suspect was arrested during the seizure, which took place around 3:00pm, on Friday, August 23.
More like this:
- Recent big Border Patrol busts of Mexican drugs — Nov. 21, 2013
- Large drug seizures on both sides of border — Aug. 5, 2013
- Border agents seize millions in narcotics at San Ysidro and Otay Mesa port of entries — July 8, 2013
- Big border busts — Dec. 12, 2012
- Over $1 million worth of cocaine seized at San Ysidro — Oct. 3, 2012