Don Bauder 6:30 p.m., May 22
Motion to quash case against Bob Filner scheduled for September 16
According to a August 22, an unnamed party filed a Motion to Quash case against Bob Filner.
Signs of a settlement deal between Mayor Bob Filner and the City of San Diego over allegations of sexual harassment are beginning to appear.
According to the San Diego Superior Court website, a "motion to quash" has been scheduled for September 16 in Judge Richard Strauss' courtroom. The motion was scheduled on August 22.
The website does not reveal which party filed the motion. However, considering the city council is scheduled to discuss a settlement deal with Filner and Gloria Allred's plea to council to reject the deal, all signs point to the City dropping their lawsuit in its entirety.
The wheels are now in motion for Filner to step down and the City to proceed with a new special election. As was reported by Matt Potter, former mayoral contender Nathan Fletcher has already filed papers to restart his campaign.
City Council is set to discuss the settlement agreement today at a 1pm closed session meeting.
More like this:
- Number of candidates running to replace Mayor Bob Filner now at nine...rather 12 — Aug. 28, 2013
- Nathan Fletcher files for mayor of San Diego — Aug. 23, 2013
- Sheriff reportedly plotting mayor's ouster got funds from Lynch, Blue, hotel interests, report says — Aug. 6, 2013
- City Attorney says Filner did not need approval from council before firing state and federal lobbyists — Jan. 31, 2013
- Unions flip — Nov. 16, 2012