Ian Anderson 5 p.m., April 25
DeMaio may change his mind, run for mayor
Not mentioning masturbation story, he wants "a time to seek healing."
Carl DeMaio has just put out a statement on the resignation of Bob Filner as mayor. DeMaio claims "San Diego has been given a fresh start. Now is the time to put aside partisan differences to seek healing, foster unity and restore stability at City Hall."
His office also confirmed reports that he has been conferring with supporters and community leaders who have asked him to consider running for Mayor.
He made no mention of the story printed in last night's (Aug. 22) VoiceofOC.org, picked up by the Reader, which exposed his alleged masturbation in a men's room in City Hall. Former Councilmember Ben Hueso twice observed him engaging in self-gratifying sexual acts, and told Councilmember Marti Emerald about one incident.
An aide to former Mayor Jerry Sanders also mentioned DeMaio's autoeroticism in a 2011 memo.
Once more: hmmm.
More like this:
- D.A.'s bad money case out of sight in DeMaio race — Oct. 21, 2014
- DeMaio's men's room masturbation went unreported (updated 8/26) — Aug. 22, 2013
- DeMaio to host "Champagne with the Campaign" event in hopes of attracting support from women — June 14, 2013
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith endorses Carl DeMaio for mayor — Sept. 6, 2012
- Roger Hedgecock Criticizes Negative Ad Campaign Against Carl DeMaio — Dec. 21, 2011