Matthew Lickona 7 a.m., April 24
Who's more embarrassing? U-T or Filner?
Journalists debate U-T TV's gauche Filner dance video.
The Los Angeles Times has broken a story about U-T TV's juvenile, unprofessional post on the Filner controversy. TV Week and Huffington Post have also commented on the video. All should consider Matt Potter's excellent Reader post: when details about Arnold Schwarzenegger's alleged sexual harassment leaked in his campaign for governor, Papa Doug Manchester, owner of the U-T, not only ignored the women's protests, but showered money on Ah-nold's campaign.
More like this:
- Manchester, Sempra, and Jacobs gave heavily to sexually accused Schwarzenegger — Aug. 14, 2013
- As Filner recall gathers, U-T San Diego owner bankrolls local GOP — Aug. 1, 2013
- More special interest cash rolls into Filner's political fund — July 30, 2013
- Hughes family forked over for Democrat in days before Filner deal — May 2, 2013
- "G-U-I-L-T-Y": Filner camp accuses DeMaio of secret meetings with U-T brass on Facebook — Oct. 6, 2012