Matt Potter 5:30 p.m., Oct. 12
Oceanside police found deceased man in street
Requesting public's help regarding "suspicious" death
Oceanside police reported finding a man dead in the street before 6 a.m. on Wednesday, August 14, 2013.
Responding to a 911 call, police went to the 600 block of Arthur Avenue and “located an obviously deceased adult male victim in the roadway,” according to Sergeant Matt Cole. The sergeant described the death as “suspicious.”
“Evidence of trauma” was observed on the body, but police declined to release further details regarding the injuries.
The deceased man was identified as 21-year-old Louigie Bermas by Sergeant Matt Christensen.
“Bermas was with another un-named subject when the two were confronted by others. It is not yet known if the incident is gang related,” Sgt. Christensen stated on August 15.
Persons with any information are asked to phone Oceanside police detective Marilyn Johnson at 760-435-4732.
More like this:
- Bungling (suspected) burglars busted with stolen stuff — April 22, 2014
- Oceanside police report arresting two drunk drivers at overnight checkpoint — Aug. 3, 2013
- Escondido police want to question man regarding wife's death — Aug. 1, 2013
- Man Admits Manslaughter in Oceanside Car Crash — Aug. 2, 2012
- The Mysterious Case of the Birdland Body — Aug. 21, 2007