DJ Stevens 11 a.m., April 23
Marijuana plantation destroyed near U.S. border in Baja
Large plants discovered on farm east of Tecate
Authorities located a marijuana plantation near the U.S.-Mexico border in Baja California on Friday, August 9. State authorities said an investigation led officers to the farm, which was located approximately 30 minutes east of the city of Tecate.
The farm was an estimated 5,000 square meters (1.24 acres). Authorities destroyed the plants on the scene, which were up to five feet tall. No suspects were located or arrested at the plantation which lies less than 12 miles south of the border.
More like this:
- Opium poppy plantation found near Tecate, Baja California — May 13, 2013
- Over 250 kilos of marijuana found floating off the coast of Baja — Jan. 28, 2013
- Large marijuana plantation discovered — Sept. 27, 2012
- Mexican Army Intercepts Drug Shipment — May 6, 2012
- Over 7 Tons of Marijuana Seized in Baja — March 6, 2012