Matthew Suarez 3 p.m., Dec. 11
Authorities have tracked down the suspect in a 1977 murder that occurred in Santa Ysabel, east of Ramona, over 35 years ago.
Yesterday morning (August 7), the San Diego Sheriff’s Cold Case Unit, working in cooperation with a parallel unit at the San Diego District Attorney’s office, announced that 60-year-old Carmen Aguilar had been arrested outside of Phoenix by U.S. Marshals serving a warrant related to the crime. Aguilar had been living and working in Arizona for several years before he was located by the Marshals.
Aguilar is accused of shooting Eriberto Landeros on June 19, 1977, after an argument escalated. Per Sheriff’s Lieutenant Glenn Giannantonio, the case will now be turned over to the local District Attorney.
More like this:
- Escondido man suspected of killing wife is in medical “isolation” — July 3, 2013
- Murder suspect arrested in Oregon — Jan. 7, 2013
- Chula Vista Murder Suspects Arrested in Tijuana — March 27, 2012
- Carlsbad Police Track Gladys Conrad's Murderer Back to Mexico — Feb. 2, 2011
- Trigger Happy or Just Plain Happy? Who is David Medina? — Jan. 17, 2002