5 p.m., Aug. 25
Two county lawyers disbarred
One writes bad checks to the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
According to the August issue of the Calbar Journal, two county lawyers have been disbarred. James Chester Weseman of Del Mar was disbarred because discipline imposed on him by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office amounted to professional misconduct.
He wrote two bad checks in connection with patent applications and failed to perform legal services competently by improperly withdrawing from cases, said the bar.
Ivan Pedro Porto was disbarred on two counts of charging advance fees for loan modification work, and three counts of charging illegal fees. He had been disciplined twice before.
More like this:
- Not suggesting you steer clear of these lawyers, but... — Feb. 15, 2016
- San Diego County lawyers run afoul of California Bar — Dec. 3, 2013
- Two county lawyers disbarred — Sept. 4, 2013
- Local lawyers disciplined — July 3, 2013
- Three Local Lawyers Disbarred — Aug. 14, 2012