Mercy Baron 9:30 p.m., July 29
Eight immigrants receive prison sentences
Recent arrests in the Imperial Valley bordering San Diego County have led to a handful of prison convictions for suspects apprehended in the border towns of El Centro, Calexico, and Indio, representatives of the U.S. Border Patrol is reporting.
Eight immigrants found to be in the country illegally so far this year have been sentenced to prison times ranging from 15 to 51 months.
All of the individuals had prior criminal conviction histories within the United States. At the conclusion of their sentences, each will face deportation to their country of origin.
More like this:
- Dangerous convict, gardener, or both? — June 28, 2014
- La Jolla hotel burglar still fighting for new trial — Oct. 11, 2013
- Meth trafficker sentenced to prison — March 19, 2013
- Deportation, then probation — Nov. 29, 2012
- Big Bucks For Human Smugglers — Nov. 18, 2011