Dave Good 2:30 p.m., April 1
Former Arellano Félix attorney killed in Tijuana
Attorney who represented drug lord executed in broad daylight
A former attorney of the Tijuana drug boss Benjamín Arellano Félix was killed on Thursday, April 11th. El-Mexicano first reported the murder of Roberto Navarro, which occurred during broad daylight in Tijuana. According to the municipal police, Navarro was attacked by gunmen while traveling to a gym in his SUV. After Navarro was shot and killed, the gunmen unsuccessfully attempted to burn the vehicle.
Arellano Félix has been convicted of multiple drug and money laundering charges in Mexico and the United States. Navarro represented Arellano Félix in Mexico before he was extradited to the United States in 2011. Arellano Félix is currently serving a 25 year sentence in Miami, Florida.
Authorities have not indicated if they believe the murder is tied to the Arellano Félix Organization.
More like this:
- Francisco Rafael Arellano Félix...Clowns shot him! — Oct. 22, 2013
- Eduardo Arellano Félix receives 15 year prison sentence — Aug. 19, 2013
- DEA official claims Arellano Félix Organization dead, despite current activity in Tijuana — May 29, 2013
- Despite news reports, Eduardo not the last remaining Arellano Félix brother — Sept. 1, 2012
- Mexican Drug Cartels: You Want Silver or Lead? — Sept. 22, 2010