Matt Potter 11:51 a.m., Sept. 20
MTS to give soda and snacks to Padres fans
Don't eat snacks on trolley or drink soda at stadium
The Metropolitan Transit System is adding a perk to attract trolley ridership on Opening Day for the Padres next Tuesday, April 9: free soda and snacks.
Beginning at 1:30 p.m. at the Qualcomm Stadium station, La Mesa’s Spring Street station, and Chula Vista’s H Street station, the first 150 ticketed riders boarding will receive a free Coca-Cola beverage and box of Cracker Jack.
Although extra trolleys are scheduled to be running on both the Green and Blue lines, fans traveling downtown are advised to board at least 90 minutes prior to the game’s 3:40 start time.
MTS rules prohibit eating on the trolley (though beverages with screw-top lids are allowed), while PETCO Park bans fans from bringing drinks other than bottled water into the park (though the Cracker Jack should be allowed).
More like this:
- Peoria’s a long way from Petco Park — April 30, 2014
- Backstage Rider: He Removes the Brown M&Ms - 50 Rockstar Contracts — March 28, 2012
- Foul Ball: The local mood of our national pastime — Oct. 14, 2009
- Will City Council Be Sitting in Those Free Seats Again? — June 20, 2002
- Why Do They Need Free Food? — May 27, 1999