Various Authors 9:18 p.m., Feb. 7
Aeroméxico adds route from L.A. to Loreto, Baja California Sur
New route to service growing tourists in central BCS
New flights began on March 24th, 2013, between Los Angeles, CA and the central Baja California Sur (BCS) city of Loreto. According to PRWeb, the flights by Aeroméxico are to meet a growing demand of tourists who wish to visit the central part of BCS and the islands of Loreto.
Loreto has an approximate population of 15,000 and lies on the Sea of Cortés. The city was the first settlement on the Baja California Peninsula. The area is popular for fishing, kayaking, and other outdoor activities.
Routes from Mexico City and Culiacan, Sinaloa have also been added by Aeroméxico, which is Mexico's largest airline. Los Angeles is currently the only route from the United States; however travelers from Southern California also use Aéreo Calafia out of Tijuana.
More like this:
- Baja & Border News Translations: Program to improve BC image strengthened; Remittances being sent from United States are growing; Cancer is an undesirable and feared condition — Feb. 5, 2013
- Cabo San Lucas airport adding international competitors — Feb. 4, 2013
- Baja & Border News Translations: BC Tourism is Up; Dignified Life Program Efforts Increased — Nov. 26, 2012
- Baja Tourist Project Continues to Catch Heat — March 12, 2012
- Border News Translations 14: Baja Encourages Strengthened European Ties — April 13, 2011