9:45 a.m., July 28
Body found inside burning car in Jamul
Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a vehicle fire yesterday on the 16200 block of Skyline Truck Trail in Jamul as possibly being connected to a homicide.
Called shortly after 4 a.m.to assist Cal Fire after the burning vehicle was reported, deputies arrived to find it fully engulfed in flames. While extinguishing the fire, the charred remains of a human body were discovered inside.
After the blaze was extinguished, detectives from the Sheriff’s Homicide and Bomb/Arson units responded. The identity of the deceased had not yet been determined as of the last release from the Sheriff’s Department, and the investigation is ongoing.
More like this:
- Shots fired, two arrested in El Cajon brawl — Oct. 14, 2013
- Mother of drowned children arrested, four months later — Sept. 20, 2013
- Amber alert issued for Boulevard man suspected of murder, arson, kidnapping — Aug. 5, 2013
- Car fire victim identified — Sept. 24, 2012
- Sheriff's Dept. Investigates Death, Announces DUI Checkpoint — June 28, 2011