Lindsay Marks 6 p.m., Dec. 5
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has barred Charles Duane Lewis from any association with FINRA members. Between 2007 and 2010, Lewis provided accounting and financial services through his Fletcher Hills Tax Service. In that period, he wrote 61 checks from the account of an elderly client for a total of $550,495.74 without the client's knowledge. He used the money for his own uses and purposes, says FINRA. Lewis was charged with 58 felony counts in 2010. He pleaded guilty to theft from an elder and was convicted of the charge. According to Citysearch, he was sentenced to three years in state prison last year, but I could not find him in the California inmate locator.
More like this:
- FINRA disciplines six area customers' representatives — Sept. 17, 2013
- Carlsbad broker suspended, fined for trust activity — May 17, 2013
- FINRA disciplines two brokers — Feb. 12, 2013
- SD Firm, Individuals Disciplined — May 27, 2012
- Broker Banned for Churning Teenager's Account — Jan. 31, 2012