Matthew Lickona noon, April 23
Racist Vandals Tag El Cajon's Kennedy Park
The El Cajon Police Department is seeking help in identifying vandals responsible for “an extensive amount of graffiti . . . consistent with words, phrases, and symbols used by hate groups.”
The graffiti, which included numerous swastikas, was found Monday morning covering Kennedy Park in the city’s eastern neighborhood of Granite Hills, adjacent to Granite Hills High School.
Police say there have been no similar incidents reported recently, and are already in contact with witnesses they say may be able to lead them to the responsible parties. Anyone with further information is asked to contact police at (619) 579-3311, or to provide an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.
More like this:
- El Cajon man shoots teenage burglary suspect — Oct. 8, 2013
- El Cajon Police cracking down on motorcycle safety — March 10, 2013
- Two Vista vandals cause $275K in damages — Nov. 9, 2012
- El Cajon Police confirm responsibility for brush fire — Oct. 30, 2012
- Short joy ride for El Cajon car thief — Oct. 18, 2012