Don Bauder 4:30 p.m., April 25
Chula Vista business owner nabbed in drug ring
17 people were arrested in Southern California last Wednesday during a drug sweep that dismantled a heroin, speed, and cocaine network. The Spanish News Agency EFE reported that the bust was the result of a 10 month investigation by Homeland Security, the Internal Revenue Service-Criminal Investigation unit, and the Torrance, California, police department.
One of those arrested was a business owner from the San Diego area. Jose Daniel Lopez, who was living in Mexico but is a United States citizen, reportedly was a drug supplier and helped in money laundering. Lopez reportedly owns a masonry business based in Chula Vista.
More like this:
- Woman arrested with over two pounds of cocaine inside shoes in Imperial County — July 25, 2013
- Americans busted in Baja — Nov. 16, 2012
- Chula Vista murder suspect nabbed in TJ — Oct. 5, 2012
- Chula Vista Murder Suspects Arrested in Tijuana — March 27, 2012
- The Governator Wants Two Chula Vista Homicides Solved — March 30, 2008