Laura Dvorak 5:47 p.m., Dec. 6
California Highway Patrol officers and San Diego Sheriff Department deputies closed off a section of San Vicente Road in Ramona early yesterday morning after receiving reports of a man walking through the rural residential community openly displaying a gun.
Shortly after the CHP responded to make contact with the suspect and close off the road, Sheriff’s deputies, including a Crisis Negotiations Team member, arrived on the scene.
After a brief negotiation, the suspect agreed to drop what turned out to be an air pistol and was taken into custody. The road was reopened shortly thereafter.
More like this:
- Robbery suspect found hiding in bushes outside Sheriff station — May 22, 2013
- Intoxicated bank robber caught in Vista — Feb. 18, 2013
- Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery — Jan. 21, 2013
- Failed liquor store robbery involving submachine gun — Oct. 22, 2012
- Woman Kidnapped, Returned, Suspect Remains at Large — Jan. 12, 2012