Jeff Smith 7 a.m., March 30
Air gun standoff briefly closes Ramona road
California Highway Patrol officers and San Diego Sheriff Department deputies closed off a section of San Vicente Road in Ramona early yesterday morning after receiving reports of a man walking through the rural residential community openly displaying a gun.
Shortly after the CHP responded to make contact with the suspect and close off the road, Sheriff’s deputies, including a Crisis Negotiations Team member, arrived on the scene.
After a brief negotiation, the suspect agreed to drop what turned out to be an air pistol and was taken into custody. The road was reopened shortly thereafter.
More like this:
- East County ATMs under attack! — Jan. 5, 2016
- Shark apprehends carjacker — May 14, 2014
- Hostage situation averted in Imperial Beach — June 21, 2013
- Fugitive apprehended in Encinitas — April 11, 2013
- Marijuana, cash, gun recovered after reported robbery — Jan. 21, 2013