Ian Anderson 6 p.m., March 7
Prolific burglar caught in Del Mar
A single San Diego man appears to have been responsible for a string of residential burglaries spanning the 100 through 400 blocks of Stratford Court in Del Mar, all on the night of October 22.
As Sheriff’s deputies were investigating several of the calls Monday morning, they received yet another call reporting a suspicious person opening garage lockers at a nearby condominium complex at the corner of Camino Del Mar and Via de la Valle. Responding deputies arrested 24 year-old Adam Bautista, who is currently on parole.
Bautista, who was in possession of several items stolen during the Stratford burglaries, is charged with six counts of residential burglary, four counts of petty theft, and possession of ammunition as a convicted felon.
Additional property believed to have been stolen around the same time has not been claimed, and the Sheriff’s department is asking anyone else who may have been victimized in the area to contact the Encinitas Station’s Mike Casey at (760) 966-3500 to make a report.
More like this:
- Burglar caught in El Cajon — Sept. 9, 2013
- Santee Sheriff station wants to reunite stolen bicycles with their owners — June 12, 2013
- Car burglars captured in Santee — Feb. 13, 2013
- Sheriffs in Ramona visit the "Chicken Ranch" — Feb. 7, 2013
- Car looters crash in Rancho Santa Fe — Oct. 12, 2012