Susan Luzzaro 5:30 p.m., Dec. 7
El Cajon Police are searching for perhaps the least competent car thief in recent memory after a brief rampage left a local resident’s Chevrolet Suburban wrecked less than a mile from where it was stolen.
Around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning the vehicle was stolen from the 100 block of Stephanie Lane in the Granite Hills neighborhood. Within a few blocks, the truck had crashed into at least six parked cars before finally coming into contact with a telephone pole, severing its front passenger wheel.
A witness reports a single female was seen making off with the SUV, though no formal description of the suspect(s) has been provided by police.
More like this:
- Motorcycle rider attempts to escape police, strikes officer — Nov. 7, 2013
- El Cajon man shoots teenage burglary suspect — Oct. 8, 2013
- Burglar caught in El Cajon — Sept. 9, 2013
- Neighbors help nab quartet of burglary suspects in El Cajon — Aug. 5, 2013
- Another Failed Robbery Attempt — June 24, 2011