Ian Anderson 7:30 p.m., Dec. 2
Short joy ride for El Cajon car thief
El Cajon Police are searching for perhaps the least competent car thief in recent memory after a brief rampage left a local resident’s Chevrolet Suburban wrecked less than a mile from where it was stolen.
Around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning the vehicle was stolen from the 100 block of Stephanie Lane in the Granite Hills neighborhood. Within a few blocks, the truck had crashed into at least six parked cars before finally coming into contact with a telephone pole, severing its front passenger wheel.
A witness reports a single female was seen making off with the SUV, though no formal description of the suspect(s) has been provided by police.
More like this:
- Motorcycle rider attempts to escape police, strikes officer — Nov. 7, 2013
- Burglar caught in El Cajon — Sept. 9, 2013
- El Cajon man removed from hiding spot under parked car by police dog — July 30, 2013
- Police officer struck by driver-less vehicle, car theft suspect escapes in La Mesa — May 9, 2013
- Mystery Thief Robs Unknown Victim — Aug. 30, 2011