Matthew Suárez 12:30 p.m., Feb. 27
Framing complete at new SDSU Student Union building
San Diego State University will hold a “topping off” ceremony this morning to celebrate completion of construction of the steel framing for its new Student Union building, whose final beam will be placed at 11:30. The framing project began on August 31, though work has been ongoing at the site considerably longer.
The building, which still isn’t scheduled for completion until fall of 2013, is intended to be the “campus living room” at SDSU, and will apply for LEED Platinum green construction certification when finished.
The work is being paid for through a student approved fees increase, and according to Associated Students is receiving no funding support from the state.
More like this:
- Parking structure, SDSU style — June 4, 2014
- Oh, gee, Oggi’s is growing! — May 12, 2014
- Frat race — Nov. 20, 2012
- SDSU Students, Retired Professor Tour State's Prison System — June 21, 2012
- SDSU, UCSD Receive $1M to Expand Computer Courses — Sept. 16, 2011