Ian Anderson 10:30 a.m., Feb. 26
Journalist was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
The journalist who was killed earlier this week in Tijuana, Ramón Abel López Aguilar, was allegedly shot during a dispute with his daughter’s boyfriend. Raúl Velázquez Hernández, the 22 year old suspect, admitted to killing López and throwing his body out on the opposite side of the city.
The Baja State Attorney’s Office stated that Velázquez had originally misled authorities by telling them López was abducted from the bar where they had been drinking at that evening. CNN Mexico reported that the two men got into an altercation on the ride home which led to the shooting.
More like this:
- Alleged sicarios apprehended in Tijuana police murder — May 20, 2013
- Journalist Killed in Tijuana — Oct. 15, 2012
- Family of missing 16 year old Tijuana girl asking for help — Oct. 8, 2012
- Suspect busted with over $1million cash owned restaurant in Tijuana — Aug. 21, 2012
- Fast & Furious Gun Intended for Leyzaola Assassination Attempt — Aug. 6, 2012