Dorian Hargrove 8:30 p.m., Dec. 12
Journalist was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
The journalist who was killed earlier this week in Tijuana, Ramón Abel López Aguilar, was allegedly shot during a dispute with his daughter’s boyfriend. Raúl Velázquez Hernández, the 22 year old suspect, admitted to killing López and throwing his body out on the opposite side of the city.
The Baja State Attorney’s Office stated that Velázquez had originally misled authorities by telling them López was abducted from the bar where they had been drinking at that evening. CNN Mexico reported that the two men got into an altercation on the ride home which led to the shooting.
More like this:
- Hank Rhon says he’s the best man for Baja California Governor’s Office — Jan. 29, 2013
- Journalist Killed in Tijuana — Oct. 15, 2012
- Sporadic Ensenada violence shocking community — Oct. 1, 2012
- Fast & Furious Gun Intended for Leyzaola Assassination Attempt — Aug. 6, 2012
- Mexico Murder Rate Declining for First Time in Years — Aug. 2, 2012