Brandon Hernández 9 a.m., Dec. 11
The world famous Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 desert race will start in Ensenada this year, as more than 200 all-terrain vehicles will line up to race down the Baja peninsula. The race is considered by most to be the world’s top desert race and will span 1121.55 miles to end in La Paz. The race has been contested on the Baja peninsula every year since 1967, with the exception of one year during the fuel crisis.
Entries have been accepted from 32 U.S. states and 16 other countries. Racers will be competing for cash prizes adding up to $400,000.
The race will be held November 14th through the 17th. Late entries will be accepted up till the morning of the race.
More like this:
- Spectator killed during Baja 500 — June 2, 2013
- Baja authorities searching for missing 11 year old girl — May 23, 2013
- Mexicali celebrating 110 years as a city — March 14, 2013
- L.A. Sureño arms trafficker nabbed in Mexicali — Nov. 11, 2012
- New U.S. Consulate named to Baja California — Sept. 13, 2012