Dave Rice 10:30 a.m., Oct. 25
Carlsbad safety center open house yesterday
Three-and-a-half-year-old Kai Williams enjoyed sitting behind the wheel of a shiny red truck in Carlsbad yesterday.
Kai came with his Dad and sister to participate in the open house at a new safety center, located at 5750 Orion Way, on Saturday.
Kai got a view from inside a “type-one heavy rescue vehicle” which is made to carry specialized equipment and a specially-trained crew for certain Fire Department operations, according to a volunteer.
The City of Carlsbad and its fire and police departments joined to provide demonstrations for the public at their new training center on October 13, 2012.
More like this:
- Snapshots of Chicali — Oct. 24, 2012
- A closer look at the trailer for Animal Farm — Oct. 23, 2012
- Police canine demonstration in Carlsbad — Oct. 14, 2012
- Firefighters demonstrate a rescue — Oct. 14, 2012
- Frequent-flyer-felon Abdullah Alekabi back in court — Oct. 4, 2012