Eva Knott 7:43 p.m., April 15
Calderon visiting Tijuana as president for last time
Mexico’s president, Felipe Calderon, is visiting Tijuana and Baja California for likely the last time as president Thursday, October 11th. Calderon will attend the inaugural day of the Tijuana Innovadora (Innovative Tijuana) expo, as well as other events in the city for a two day stretch.
The Tijuana Innovadora expo will highlight a range of topics from showing off Tijuana’s improved image to projects aimed at cleaning up the Tijuana basin river. The majority of the expo will also be offered in English, welcoming neighbors from the United States. More info can be found at Tijuana2012.com.
Enrique Peña Nieto will succeed Calderon as president on December 1st.
More like this:
- Baja disappeared persons misrepresented in PGR reports — Dec. 21, 2012
- EPN visits — Dec. 12, 2012
- Mexico celebrating Independence Day — Sept. 16, 2012
- Mexico Murder Rate Declining for First Time in Years — Aug. 2, 2012
- Mexico Cancels Baja Mega-Resort Plans — June 16, 2012