Jeff Smith 6 p.m., Oct. 8
Juvenile arrested for transit system sexual assault
San Diego Sheriff’s Department deputies have arrested a suspect accused of following and sexually assaulting a 20 year-old woman on a North County Transit District bus and on the Sprinter light rail system in the Vista area on September 28.
The suspect first sat next to the victim on the bus and “tried to touch her inappropriately,” according to a Sheriff’s release. After resisting, she got off the bus at the Vista Transit Station and informed the driver about her issue. She then boarded a Sprinter train, where she was assaulted again. She then got off the train to escape the suspect, who did not pursue her.
Described in an initial release as a Hispanic male between 17-22 years old, deputies took a 15 year-old juvenile into custody in Oceanside in relation to the incident after receiving tips from Crimestoppers.. He is currently being held in Juvenile Hall.
More like this:
- Fallbrook man arrested on indecent exposure charges — May 16, 2013
- Attempted kidnapping in Encinitas — Jan. 2, 2013
- Two Vista vandals cause $275K in damages — Nov. 9, 2012
- Tag, You're It — May 22, 2010
- Safe Travel at Risk? — Sept. 25, 2009