Marty Graham 5:30 p.m., Oct. 24
A call to arts
Port seeking artists for "Connector" tidelands project
The Port of San Diego has issued an open call for artists to provide proposals for “Connector,” a temporary work being commissioned by the Port that will travel between member cities San Diego, National City, Chula Vista, Coronado, and Imperial Beach.
The winning artist or team will “create a dynamic, transportable artwork” that will “transform five unassuming spaces on the tidelands in an imaginative and unexpected way.”
Entries are encouraged to incorporate recycled, re-purposed, renewable, and other environmentally friendly materials into their design, which will have a budget of $275,000.
The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2013. Further details on the project can be found here.
More like this:
- Port maintains bump in Bayshore Bikeway — Sept. 25, 2015
- Pier improvements in Imperial Beach — May 29, 2013
- Port selects artist for marine terminal projects — March 5, 2013
- $500,000 Available for San Diego Bay Environmental Projects — July 30, 2012
- Port Taking Suggestions for Improvement Projects — Jan. 11, 2012