Don Bauder 10:30 p.m., July 24
Rhon for office?
Former Tijuana mayor will run for governor of Baja California if asked
Jorge Hank Rhon, the former mayor of Tijuana, stated after a Club Tijuana fútbol game that he would be interested in running for governor of Baja California if asked. While being interviewed by the press, Rhon stated that he would gladly run for governor if his party (the PRI) asked him to.
Rhon is the owner of Club Tijuana fútbol and his son, Jorge Alberto Hank Inzunza, serves as team president. Rhons’s team advanced to the semi-finals of the La Liga MX playoffs after tying Monterrey on Sunday evening 1-1.
Hank Rhon has been embattled, yet never convicted, in numerous scandals from murder to money laundering over the last 25 years.
More like this:
- Hank Rhon says he’s the best man for Baja California Governor’s Office — Jan. 29, 2013
- Club Tijuana loses — Nov. 22, 2012
- Transborder Report Blasts Handling of Jorge Hank Rhon Case — March 15, 2012
- Who Plays Who: The Many Faces of Former Tijuana Mayor Jorge Hank Rhon Edition — June 23, 2011
- Jorge Hank Finally Talks — May 10, 1990