Liz Swain 9:30 a.m., May 29
Car theft fail
Man severely beats elderly couple in Lemon Grove alley, fails in attempt to steal their car
Twenty-four year-old Wyatt Kirk Bradley of San Diego faces charges of elder abuse and assault with a deadly weapon following a confrontation in a Lemon Grove alley.
An elderly couple identified only as John, age 63, and his wife Mary, age 70, were scavenging for cardboard to recycle behind a strip mall on the 7000 block of Broadway Avenue around 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon when they were approached by Bradley. After a brief conversation with Mary, Bradley “brutally attacked and beat both victims, knocking them to the ground several times,” according to a Sheriff’s report.
Bradley then attempted to steal the couple’s vehicle, but was unable to get it to start.
Both victims were transported to Sharp Memorial Hospital for treatment, suffering lacerations to the face and head. John was treated and released, but Mary remains in the care of the hospital and staff suspect she may have suffered a brain injury.
More like this:
- Man charged after Valley Center pit bull attack — Sept. 5, 2012
- Intimate Murder — July 2, 2008
- Man Brings Lover Roses Then Shoots Her — Aug. 9, 2007
- What Happens After a Kid Goes Bad? — June 6, 2002
- I Wasn't There to Hold the Candle, So I Don't Know — Feb. 18, 1999