Don Bauder 5:40 p.m., Sept. 15
Two Vista vandals cause $275K in damages
Sheriff’s deputies at the Vista station’s Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving Unit (COPPS) have arrested a 15 year-old juvenile and charged him with 268 counts of felony graffiti vandalism. The suspect is currently in Juvenile Hall.
Deputies also executed a search warrant at the home of a 17 year-old suspected tagger and recovered numerous items related to graffiti that were taken as evidence. He is suspected to have committed at least 365 acts of felony vandalism. The youth in question was released to the custody of his mother.
The two are alleged to have caused $116,188 and $158,113 worth of damage, respectively, all within the city of Vista.
More like this:
- Why so glum, gangsta? — May 8, 2014
- Lakeside security guard shootout story a hoax — April 12, 2013
- Juvenile arrested for transit system sexual assault — Oct. 8, 2012
- Tag, You're It — May 22, 2010
- Tag — You're It — Dec. 31, 2009