Marty Graham 6:30 p.m., Jan. 17
Traffic snarls predicted during upcoming events Downtown
The Port of San Diego is advising Downtown travelers to expect some traffic snags in the coming week as work continues on the North Embarcadero Visionary Plan. The ongoing effort to expand the area’s bayfront to include a strip of parkland has included for the last several months a project to relocate Harbor Drive eastward – work is in progress there and on West Broadway.
Complicating matters in the area will be Friday’s “Battle of the Midway,” pitting the nationally-ranked San Diego State Aztecs mens’ basketball team against Syracuse University in a heavily-attended game atop the USS Midway aircraft carrier and Naval museum. The game tips off at 5 p.m., and is expected to further snarl traffic along the already-compromised coastal corridor.
Then on Monday, the annual Veteran’s Day parade route travels down Pacific Highway, just to the east of ongoing construction. The parade begins at 11 a.m., but road closures in the area will be in effect beginning at 7 that morning.
More like this:
- Gloria Trevi concert expected to snarl Tijuana traffic — Aug. 16, 2013
- Cruises to bring heavy tourist traffic next week — May 3, 2013
- Revised route for Big Bay Balloon Parade — Dec. 18, 2012
- Water Main Break in Midway District — Sept. 28, 2012
- Work Continues on Embarcadero Revamp — May 7, 2012