T.B. Beaudeau 8:36 a.m., Dec. 5
A Tijuana man who worked out of an office in San Ysidro has been arrested for collecting fees on phony immigration services. According to the Latin American Herald Tribune, Alberto Rodrigo Garcia was apprehended at the Otay Mesa port of entry on Thursday, November 1st.
Two victims have come forward who paid over $5,000 for phony services to Garcia. Authorities believe there are many other victims who were taken advantage of as well.
Homeland Security Investigations is asking any victims or persons with knowledge on the case to call 619-550-5183.
More like this:
- More mobster friend Molasky money for San Diego GOP — Oct. 2, 2013
- Majority of asylum seekers at Otay Mesa are from violent state of Michoacán — Aug. 13, 2013
- Unapproved foreign prescription drugs flow through local pharmacy — Oct. 2, 2012
- New U.S. Consulate named to Baja California — Sept. 13, 2012
- Chula Vista business owner nabbed in drug ring — Sept. 2, 2012