Mike Madriaga 9:30 a.m., Nov. 23
Phony immigration lawyer busted
A Tijuana man who worked out of an office in San Ysidro has been arrested for collecting fees on phony immigration services. According to the Latin American Herald Tribune, Alberto Rodrigo Garcia was apprehended at the Otay Mesa port of entry on Thursday, November 1st.
Two victims have come forward who paid over $5,000 for phony services to Garcia. Authorities believe there are many other victims who were taken advantage of as well.
Homeland Security Investigations is asking any victims or persons with knowledge on the case to call 619-550-5183.
More like this:
- More mobster friend Molasky money for San Diego GOP — Oct. 2, 2013
- San Diego FBI building financed by Chinese seeking U.S. visas, senator says — Sept. 11, 2013
- San Diego man gets 12 years on child prostitution charges — March 6, 2013
- Unapproved foreign prescription drugs flow through local pharmacy — Oct. 2, 2012
- Bradley Manning Supporter Sues Government Officials — April 6, 2012