Vincent Farnsworth 7:30 p.m., April 24
Comedy Club Owner Goes Missing in San Diego
A nationwide manhunt is on for Mark Wilson Anderson of Oklahoma City, OK, owner of the D.C. Improv comedy club in Washington, D.C. Anderson was last seen in San Diego on May 15 driving a silver Dodge Durango with Arizona plates, a day after he was reported missing by his wife.
Kim Thomas, Anderson’s sister-in-law and family spokesperson, told the website dcist that Anderson “suffered something akin to a mental breakdown” 16 years ago, and was distraught over the imminent closing of the Tempe Improv, another venue he operated.
“He's nicer than most people you'd ever encounter,” according to Thomas. “He's just a very kind man. Does not drink or do drugs.”
A wanted poster being circulated advises that “he may need medical attention, so it is important to call authorities rather than approach him.”
More like this:
- Bringing Kaos to the Media: Tom Romano Plans His Own Comeback — July 9, 2013
- Santee Sheriff station wants to reunite stolen bicycles with their owners — June 12, 2013
- Cross Country Caravan Calls For Drug War Reset — Aug. 9, 2012
- Business Reps, Local Pols Off to Washington — Sept. 19, 2011
- Wingwomen — Feb. 13, 2008