• News Ticker alerts

The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has hit San Diego penny-stock peddler World Trade Financial Corp. with a disciplinary action for selling a thinly traded penny without a registration statement in effect. Brokers Frank Brickell and Rodney Michel were fined and suspended 30 days. Supervisor Jason Adams knew that Brickell was selling unregistered shares to customers with known ties to stock promoters, said FINRA.

FINRA also suspended Frederick Bothner of Carlsbad for a year. He will pay a $10,000 fine. Without admitting or denying FINRA's findings, Bothner consented to sanctions that he improperly requested and in some cases permitted another person associated with his firm to complete online courses for him.

The California Board of Accountancy put Brian Agnor on probation for three years. He had failed to report to the association that in 2010 he had a misdemeanor conviction for indecent exposure. The next year he was convicted of reckless driving with measurable blood alcohol.

• News Ticker alerts

Comments

nan shartel May 27, 2012 @ 2:24 p.m.

one more sleep 'til ur birthday pooh bear

have a very HAPPY one Don

None

Don Bauder May 27, 2012 @ 4:32 p.m.

Maybe I won't be able to sleep. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 27, 2012 @ 8:32 p.m.

well if u don't sleep have a fun filled nite...hahahahahahahahaha

like that ur pic is back up

Don Bauder May 27, 2012 @ 9:22 p.m.

My pic is back up? I didn't know that it was down. Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder May 28, 2012 @ 12:47 p.m.

My birthday excitement is catching mice and chipmunks in traps, putting the corpses on the porch, and then watching as the ravens swoop in and take them away. Pretty pedestrian stuff. No swinger I. We will go out to dinner tonight. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 28, 2012 @ 7:45 p.m.

u don't have to be a swinger to have fun Don...u and ur wife have a nice dinner and FUN tonite

STOP REFUSING TO HAVE FUN!!!

and leave those chipmunks alone

take her dancin' and do that snugglin u talked about

Don Bauder May 28, 2012 @ 8:41 p.m.

When my wife was young, she adored chipmunks. But they are eating everything she plants now. So we have to get rid of them. But they just keep multiplying. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 29, 2012 @ 11:35 a.m.

u can get fox urine from LL Bean and that will keep them away without killing them

they ate all my Holland tulip and daffodil bulbs so i know how u feel...BAD SCAMPERERS

so do u keep flowers or a garden...they're happy to eat either

Don Bauder May 29, 2012 @ 2:19 p.m.

But if we don't kill them, will the ravens starve? Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 29, 2012 @ 3:48 p.m.

u have me on the horns of a dilemma here Don

maybe seeds would work 4 both

None

Don Bauder May 29, 2012 @ 10:24 p.m.

Last winter, a cow elk fell and died on our property. The vultures were already gone for the winter. But the ravens were still here. We noticed that the coyotes wouldn't come take a portion while the ravens were there. The coyotes were afraid of the ravens. Eventually, the corpse was picked clean, but it was interesting watching how the different creatures behaved. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 30, 2012 @ 11:51 a.m.

raven are voracious messengers... bringers of the understanding of dark destruction into the light...

in the Northwest the Raven is one of the totems of the Makah tribe...

Raven, like Mink and Coyote and other spirit beings of the Northwest mythology, is as fickled and unpredictable as nature and its seasons.

Raven is a shapechanger, who can assume any form - human or animal. Raven is a glutton and trickster, but he showed pity for the naked people(the Makah) he found in a giant clamshell. His trickery brought them the essentials for existence in a harsh world -

game and fish and fowl, fire, clothing, shelter - and with them the rituals that would protect them from the dark spirits lurking about.

Raven stories are both entertaining - as Raven's mischief often backfired, but also instructive - teaching us about the Northwest Indians' way of life and the origin of their customs.

i have many Makah friends and their attitude about Raven is much like the attitude of the Navajo about Kokopelli the Navajo trickster

i would make a friend of the Raven..but not offer chipmunk sacrifices to it...let it find it's own food Donnie...hahahahahahahaha

nan shartel May 29, 2012 @ 4:11 p.m.

hey fisherman...i'm not going to be able to nibble on ur hooks this PM....hahahahahahaha...perhaps tomorrow

Don Bauder May 29, 2012 @ 10:26 p.m.

Sorry you won't take the bait. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 30, 2012 @ 11:53 a.m.

i'm back Don

bait that hook i'm here 4 the day....hahahahahahahahahaha

did u know that Ravens are Americas largest songbird??

Don Bauder May 30, 2012 @ 4:53 p.m.

Oh, they are big -- enormous wingspan. My favorite songbird is the meadowlark. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 30, 2012 @ 7:03 p.m.

None

lovely birds...and they have such sweet voices

4 you

The child whispered, "God, speak to me" And a meadow lark sang. The child did not hear.

So the child yelled, "God, speak to me!" And the thunder rolled across the sky But the child did not listen.

The child looked around and said, "God let me see you" and a star shone brightly But the child did not notice.

And the child shouted, "God show me a miracle!" And a life was born but the child did not know.

So the child cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here!" Whereupon God reached down And touched the child.

But the child brushed the butterfly away And walked away unknowingly.

Ravindra Kumar Karnani (Old Hindu poem)

if u r becoming bored with my nonsense just let me know

nan shartel May 30, 2012 @ 7:08 p.m.

and

“Hope” is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul And sings the tune without the words And never stops *at all *

Don Bauder May 31, 2012 @ 7:29 a.m.

I love butterflies, too. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 31, 2012 @ 10:45 a.m.

u would u darling man...hahahahahahahahahaha

Don Bauder May 31, 2012 @ 2:55 p.m.

Queen Elizabeth dropped in yesterday. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 31, 2012 @ 6:48 p.m.

i hope u remembered how to bow correctly smartypants

nan shartel May 30, 2012 @ 11:58 a.m.

oh i have a new pet name 4 u...smartypants

Don Bauder May 31, 2012 @ 7:31 a.m.

"Smartypants" is close to how others describe me. They say, "You have your head up your rear end!" Best, Don Bauder

Don Bauder May 31, 2012 @ 2:57 p.m.

How many apples did you eat today, Caesar? "Et tu, Brute." Tht's the kind of day I have had. Best, Don Bauder

nan shartel May 31, 2012 @ 6:55 p.m.

None

i had 1 apple...yes a Caesar salad with balsamic vinegar and ginger dressing and sliced chicken breast u brute!!!

i used the sharp knife on the chicken

Don Bauder May 31, 2012 @ 9:32 p.m.

Are you calling me a brute? Most call me chicken. Best, Don Bauder