Various Authors 1 p.m., Aug. 28
San Diego Republicans Raking in Cash
The Republican Party of San Diego County is boasting that it’s set a new record for fundraising in recent months, collecting $557,618.79 between March 18 and May 19.
“The level of support after announcing our endorsed, taxpayer centered Reform candidates has been unprecedented,” says party chair Tony Krvaric in a release. “Our Victory Campaign is currently being waged on the ground, on the telephone and in mailboxes throughout the county, making sure Republican voters are informed about who the endorsed Republican candidates are . . . when we focus on locking down Republican voters, our endorsed candidates can focus their resources on introducing themselves and our taxpayer centered principles to decline-to-state and Democratic voters.”
The party is distributing an “official Republican voter guide” through the mail, online, by door hanger and in person.
The San Diego County Democratic Party, during the same time frame, reports having raised $347,658.76.
More like this:
- Republicans have slim voter registration edge in county — Sept. 5, 2012
- DeMaio, Filner Remain Mayoral Front Runners — March 13, 2012
- DeMaio Scores Official Republican Party Endorsement — March 10, 2012
- Stahl Calls Foul on Republican Endorsement of Bilbray — Feb. 13, 2012
- Republican Party Endorses List of Incumbents — Jan. 10, 2012