Matt Potter 12:56 p.m., March 2
Work Continues on Embarcadero Revamp
The Port of San Diego on Friday released its most recent update on the North Embarcadero Visionary Plan, a large-scale undertaking to revamp San Diego’s bayfront.
Beginning today, all eastbound traffic on Broadway will cease between North Harbor Drive and Pacific Highway for the next three months while a new median and roadway are constructed. One westbound lane will remain open.
North Harbor Drive, which is being relocated to the east in an effort to expand open space along the waterfront, will see travel restricted to one northbound lane in coming months as the new road is constructed. Southbound traffic will not be affected.
Phase 1 of the Visionary Plan is expected to be completed by late 2013, at a total cost of $28.6 million, with improvements spanning from the B Street Pier to the former Navy Pier. Businesses and museums in the affected areas remain open during construction.
More like this:
- Portion of south bound lanes at San Ysidro POE to close overnight during June construction — June 4, 2013
- Harbor Drive reroute marks milestone in Embarcadero project — May 21, 2013
- Port redevelopment project to shut portion of W. Broadway — Jan. 19, 2013
- Traffic snarls predicted during upcoming events Downtown — Nov. 6, 2012
- Redeveloping Lane Field — July 26, 2011