Susan Luzzaro 6:30 p.m., July 31
Medi-Pot Proponents to Host Filner Fundraiser
The Patient Care Association of California, a group of marijuana collectives and cooperatives formed in mid-2011 to combat the medical marijuana ordinance passed by the City of San Diego, is promoting a fund raiser in support of Bob Filner’s mayoral campaign.
Scheduled for April 6 in Coronado, a promotional flyer for the event sent out by e-mail suggests a $50 donation at the door, though an attached pledge form encourages donations ranging from $100 to $1,000.
A request for comment and further info from Patient Care Association went unanswered.
More like this:
- Money well spent: after hiring local lobbying firm, exception carved into marijuana ordinance for vending machine manufacturer — June 14, 2013
- Medical marijuana proponents petition for removal of US Attorney Duffy — Feb. 28, 2013
- Reader publisher makes in-kind advertising contribution to medical marijuana campaign — Nov. 3, 2012
- Medical marijuana co-op manager's conviction overturned — Oct. 25, 2012
- Bob Filner Endorses Medicinal Marijuana Tax Initiative — Feb. 28, 2012