Ian Pike noon, Dec. 5
Today, Politico unearthed additional details on the proposed renovations to Mitt Romney's mansion in La Jolla.
Amenities at the beach house on Dunemere Drive include a swimming pool, an outdoor water feature, a two-story four-car garage equipped with a car-lift to shuffle the vehicles around, as well as a 3,600 square-foot basement.
Politico also dug up financial records that show Romney paid $21,500 to San Diego Attorney Matthew A. Peterson to lobby city officials for approval of city permits. That figure does not include the $1,000 paid to La Jolla Island Architects for help in obtaining a coastal development permit, which Matt Potter first reported in a December 2010 column.
Specific details on the renovation, including architectural renderings, were withheld after requests were made by the U.S. Secret Service and the Romney campaign.
More like this:
- Mitt Romney moves forward on massive renovation of La Jolla home — Feb. 4, 2013
- U-T San Diego's claim that a computer glitch caused Mitt Romney to submit late payments not supported by City documents — Oct. 23, 2012
- Wealthy Romney Financial Backer and La Jolla Beachfront Neighbor Breaks Ground on Huge Remodel — Aug. 10, 2012
- Mitt Romney's Son: Dad's La Jolla House Is "Pretty Small" — April 4, 2012
- Mitt Romney's La Jolla Ties Attract Increasing Notice — June 17, 2011