Don Bauder 1:26 p.m., Aug. 2
San Diego Was the 12th Top Moving Destination in 2011
San Diego is the 12th top moving destination in the country, according to an annual report from U-Haul International.
The "2011 Top 50 U.S. Destination Cities" report was compiled by examining more than 1.6 million truck transactions of 50 miles or greater made in the U.S over 12 months. The 12th place ranking was a short move up from last year, when San Diego ranked 13th.
The top-five moving destinations in 2011 were Houston, followed by Orlando, Las Vegas, Chicago, and San Antonio.
Sacramento was the only other city in California ahead of San Diego in 8th place. Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Costa Mesa, also finished in the top 20.
More like this:
- Lobbyist White makes hay simultaneously handling city of Malibu and U2's the Edge — March 18, 2013
- Con-Dor science fiction/fantasy convention photo report — March 9, 2013
- San Diego ranked 2nd safest large city in U.S. — Feb. 12, 2013
- RIP Spirit drummer Ed Cassidy: w/ Spirit in San Diego concert archive — Dec. 7, 2012
- Best Pics from the 2011-12 Season — March 28, 2012