Ian Pike noon, Dec. 8
Non-Partisan Group Offers Host of Democratic Endorsements
Run Women Run, a non-partisan group formed in 2008 dedicated to “identifying, mentoring and supporting the election of progressive, pro-choice women” in San Diego, released a slate of endorsements earlier this week.
National race endorsements include Democratic incumbents Dianne Feinstein for Senate and Susan Davis in the 53rd Congressional district. Denise Moreno Ducheny and Lori Saldaña also received endorsements in their congressional bids in the 51st and 52nd districts, respectively.
Endorsements in San Diego city races include those for councilmembers Sherri Lightner and Marti Emerald, as well as a mayoral endorsement of Bonnie Dumanis, the only Republican featured on the endorsement list (though city races are officially non-partisan).
“We believe that women of this stature who serve as elected officials bring an important perspective and elevate the discussion about education, the environment, health care and other issues that impact all of us,” said Run Women Run president Michelle Burton in a release.
A complete list of candidate endorsements is available on the group’s homepage, linked above.
More like this:
- Local Republican endorsement slate rolled out — June 12, 2013
- Labor Council makes special election endorsements — Jan. 11, 2013
- Non-Partisan Political Action Committee with a Partisan History to Host Dumanis Fundraiser — April 30, 2012
- Busby to Run for County Democratic Party Chair — Feb. 9, 2012
- Democrats Announce Endorsements For "Non-Partisan" City Elections — Sept. 21, 2011