Susan Luzzaro 7:30 p.m., Feb. 9
CPUC to Hold Two Sessions on SDGE Proposed Scheme
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will hold two sessions April 5 to let the San Diego public comment on San Diego Gas & Electric's plan to force customers to pay for uninsured costs from the 2007 fires, in which the utility was found negligible. (SDG&E also wants such indemnity for future fires.) Many San Diegans argue that shareholders should pick up that tab, particularly since Sempra, SDG&E's parent, is enjoying huge profits and stock gain, just upped its dividend considerably, and SDG&E rates are already the highest, or among the highest, in the nation.
The two sessions will be at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. April 5 at the Al Bahr Shrine Center, 5440 Kearny Mesa Road. SDG&E will make a 15-minute presentation at the start of each session. Ramona's Mussey Grade Road Alliance filed for the public hearing in January.
More like this:
- SDG&E Tries to Nix Public Hearing on Fire Insurance Scam — Jan. 24, 2012
- CPUC's Consumer Protection and Safety Division In Need Of Wildfire Cause Data — Nov. 10, 2010
- Multiple WEBA Status Reports Submitted in Latest Round to CPUC — June 29, 2010
- Uninsured Wildfire Billings Still Tied Up in Negotiations — May 19, 2010
- CPUC to Rule on SDG&E WEBA Application — Feb. 12, 2010