James Michael Dorsey 7:40 p.m., Nov. 25
San Diego Superior Court Begins Online Scheduling for Night Court
People with open court cases, failure to appear issues, or civil assessment cases can now schedule night court appearances online for the Kearny Mesa and Vista San Diego Superior Court locations.
The Kearny Mesa location, known as the Central Division, will accept online appointments every Thursday; Vista’s North County courthouse will accept appointments for the first Thursday of each month. For the time being, check-in times posted online for each courthouse will remain the same.
The San Diego Superior Court has had night court available at certain courthouses for many years but these sessions had to be booked in person or over the phone. The new online system will streamline the process and provide the court staff with advance notice, allowing them to prepare cases before the appearance, as opposed to searching for the case when a person shows up at court.
If the online scheduling proves to be beneficial, court officials could expand the program to include scheduling for traffic and minor misdemeanor court appearances, as well as for regular court hours Monday through Friday.
More like this:
- Consolidation of traffic courts coming soon — Sept. 12, 2014
- Tim Lambesis bailed out on hired-murder charge — June 3, 2013
- Attorney “Relieved” from Messy Case w Disbarred Attorney — Aug. 7, 2012
- New San Diego Central Courthouse Design Approved — May 14, 2012
- Man Accused of Murder Injures Self to Avoid Court — Aug. 6, 2011