9 p.m., Sept. 28
DUIs: Less Than One Tenth Of One Percent
Good news for San Marcos drivers.
Sheriff’s deputies did one of their DUI “check points” in San Marcos last night, and out of 4,797 drivers who were counted and passed through the inspection spot, only 4 persons were arrested for DUI.
Between 7 p.m. and 1:30 a.m., Friday night through early Saturday morning, deputies sent 23 cars to “secondary for evaluation,” according to spokeswoman Stephanie Guerra. There were 15 citations issued for “various violations.”
Deputies did tow away one vehicle that “the driver abandoned in the roadway just east of the checkpoint,” located in the 1300 block of West San Marcos Boulevard. Three other vehicles also got towed away last night.
More like this:
- Two nights of DUI checkpoints net three drunk drivers — Aug. 19, 2013
- More weekend DUI stops in Poway, Santee — Aug. 12, 2013
- San Marcos DUI checkpoint — Dec. 22, 2012
- Busy weekend for DUI crackdowns — Aug. 27, 2012
- Two Drunks Caught, Four Cars Seized in Latest DUI Checkpoint — Aug. 13, 2012